Is your Xbox One S or One X stuck on a green screen forever? Can’t seem to reach the home screen to play your games? In this article we’ll go over possible causes and also some solutions on how to fix Xbox One S Green Screen issues.
Software or Update corruption
Corrupt updates or software can cause your Xbox to become frozen on this screen. You can try reinstalling the software, but be aware this will wipe your data here the steps:
- Plug your flash drive into your PC and format it as NTFS.
- Download the newest system software here: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/osu1
- Extract the contents to your Flash Drive.
- Power off your Xbox completely.
- Plug in your Flash Drive to the Xbox and power it up by holding the Pair, Eject, and Power button.
- Select “Offline System Update”
- Allow the system to reinstall the software.
If software reinstallation hasn’t solved your issue you likely have an underlying hardware issue. These issues can range form a bad hard drive, bad RAM modules, or other issues. Unfortunately sometimes a fix isn’t as simple as reinstalling software. That’s where our technicians come in! With our knowledge and expert tools we can rescue your Xbox! All repairs are backed with a 90 day warranty.
If you’re in the Charleston, SC area you can schedule your appointment right here: https://palmettotechrescue.com/scheduling/
Not local? Not a problem! Set up your mail-in repair right here: https://palmettotechrescue.com/service/mail-in-repair/
Check us out on Facebook here!